RACV 2021 National Veteran Vehicle Rally – What to Expect
What to Expect?
- Newsletter No 4 will be distributed on April 15th just prior to On-line entries opening on April 19th. This newsletter will provide instructions for completing the Entry process.
- Due to the ever-changing COVID rules, Meal and Activities will not be locked in until August 23rd. Meals and Activities will be selected directly through our on-line entry system available from the 23rd.
- All details and instructions will be sent directly to all Rally Entrants
- With the postoned rally dates still 18 months away, rally entries will not be available until April 2021. All EOI respondents will be notified by email in advance of the opening
- We are implementing a totally online registration system.
- Entrants will be able to lodge their entry on-line, select their Hospitality and Activity options and pay via Visa/Mastercard, EFT or cheque
- Full (and simple) instructions will be distributed to all registered Expressions of Interest respondents and TAVCCA clubs
They will also be available on the Victorian club website www.veterancarclub.org.au
- An English speaking telephone help desk will be available, providing I am not under the Cadillac, for anyone who needs a hand
- Rally Entry Closing date will be Friday August 13, 2021
- We will advertise and promote a list of pre and post event activities and places of interest for those who wish to extend their stay in the region.
When Should I Arrive?
- The rally starts on Sunday, October 10th 2021.
- Registration commences at noon.
- The first function is a Mayoral Welcome at 3pm.
- Arrangements have been made for late registration for those arriving at other times.
What Happens Then?
This itinerary was as planned “before Coronavirus”. While many of the scheduled activities are expected to eventuate it may be necessary to split groups to alternate days to meet the prevailing COVID rules. The itinerary below is now “An indication only”
Monday and Tuesday
are touring days. One short, one long. Provision has been made for smaller/slower vehicles so they don’t miss any of the planned activities on the longer run.
South Australia will host a fellowship dinner on the Tuesday evening with a 1907 veteran adventure presentation. Watch this space.
Starts with a car display at Riverside Park adjacent to the Murray River. In the afternoon you may wish to join our 1910 Garden Party set in the grounds of the historic Pioneer Settlement. Following a gourmet BBQ dinner, our gaslight run with a twist will commence.
Thursday and Friday
are touring days. Again, one short, one long. The Gala Rally Dinner will be held in the grand Art Deco Town Hall on the Friday evening.
The event finishes on Saturday morning October 16th with a Farewell Breakfast.